Thursday, April 5, 2018

ART/dVerse

ART
What is art after all
It is what I have been doing all my life
It is to explore
To imagine
It is to visually solve a problem

It is to rip the covers off the heart
To expose the soft underbelly of the soul
Art inspires
Art renews
Shows us another way of seeing

No right to do it
Or…the right way is your way
As individual as your fingerprint
A visual language
Like poetry without words

…or maybe the words are lines
Shapes
Texture
Color…and a million other things
There are no rules about how to make it

Still…there are rules about design
The carrier of the meaning
Today’s art is not yesterday’s art
It is new
Never seen in exactly this way before

It is a visual response
To the world around us
What is created today is created for today
Not to be judged again that created yesterday

It is a personal statement
Unique
It should take our breath away
Carry us home
Ride the magic carpet

April 5, 2018

10 comments:

Jane Dougherty said...

You nailed it :)

Kim M. Russell said...

I love the way you sum up art, Annell! I especially like:
'It is to visually solve a problem'
and
'It is to rip the covers off the heart
To expose the soft underbelly of the soul'.
I'll take a ride on the magic carpet!

Sarah Russell said...

I read a wonderful quotation by Joan Miro that speaks to the thoughts in your poem, Annell — ““The painting rises from the brushstrokes as a poem rises from the words. The meaning comes later."

Sherry Blue Sky said...

"It is to rip the covers off the heart
To expose the soft underbelly of the soul."

What a perfect description of art.

Neeraj Khanka said...

Loved the way you expressed it....art indeed !

Waltermarks said...

"individual as your fingerprint". I think that's the finest quality of art, whether I like it or not, thanks

Vivian Zems said...

I couldn't agree more...it should take our breath away! Well done!

Grace said...

BEautiful ode to the artist and the way we should view art Annell ~ Let's ride the magic carpet to beyond ~ cheers ~

Marianne said...

I've been drawn to art all my life. Your words are stirring. "Ride the magic carpet."

kaykuala said...

It is a visual response
To the world around us

Those artistically inclined will appreciate this. You've described it very well, annelle!

Hank

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...