Monday, April 30, 2018

THE UNIVERSE GRANTED MY WISH/ dVerse -- A POEM A DAY/ Imaginary Gardens with Real Toads -- NATIONAL POETRY MONTH/ Waiting on Words - Ladies in Waiting



Haibun Monday

Walking down a dirt road, a road I call my own.  A road in Northern New Mexico, dodging dust clouds raised by passing cars.  I cast my wish into the clear blue sky.  No sooner than I found the words, and repeated them to myself, I spotted a flying bird across the valley.

I could see him circling and rising, circling and rising.  Riding the thermals, becoming just a dot.  All at once the bird dived, folding his wings and became a bullet.  In seconds he found his prey.  It was the first time the universe granted a wish on command.



I cast a wish in spring time
And there was the falcon
Diving for his prey


April 30, 2018

__________________________________________________________________
Imaginary Gardens with Real Toads

A POEM A DAY
To poem or not to poem?
That is the question
Truth-speakers attempt to shape the light
Or is it light the shape?
Turn truth wrong side out
Hang it out to dry
Mismatch the nouns and verbs
Turtles into figs
Flies into amber
Painting a picture in words for all to see

April 30, 2018

Note:  The prompt was to use nouns as verbs.  This is the shortest poem I have written this month...It seemed the more I thought about it, the more confused I got.  So here is my poem.

Thank you Imaginary Gardens with Real Toads for the prompts this month.  It was lots of fun.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://claudetteellinger.wordpress.com


NATIONAL POETRY MONTH
The last day of April
Poets have attempted 
To write a poem each day 
It is what poets do
Some poems are completed
Some are not

Does a poet ever know 
When a poem is finished
Since poets are writing from a feeling
Do poets ever get over feelings
Put them in a drawer
To be forgotten in time
Do poets ever say it completely
Or do poets return to the scene of the crime
And begin again....again

When poets have written the last word
Declare they have reached the finish line
For they have found the final word
That completes the thought
Closed the chapter
Slammed the door

Case closed
Kaput
Job well done
We have reached the end
No more to be said
Not one more word
As we traveled down the road
We were surprised
To find we have reached the destination
Finito

April 30, 2018

Note:  Thank you to Elizabeth!!!  What fun we have had!  And this last challenge is so good, you have given us a choice, and I have accepted them all!!  Let's do this again!!!  





19 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Bravo for completing not just one poem a day, but sometimes two and three. Wow. I did not manage all of the days but wrote on most, which was all I could manage. I love "Truth-speakers attempt to shape the light."

brudberg said...

Short is good... and poeming is works for me.

Frank Hubeny said...

Such coincidences always make me think they are more than coincidences and perhaps they are.

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Well done on the trio Annell - I admire your fortitude re the thirty days.
And the universe granted your wish!
Anna :o]

tonispencer said...

Oh, so happy the universe granted your wish. I love falcons and hawks, all raptors in fact. You described it's flight and its bullet ride down so beautifully. The haiku at the end is lovely.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I love all these poems! I think each is deep and beautiful.

Mish said...

I'm so curious about the road in New Mexico. My husband is from there and I have visited so many times in the past. You made it easy to visualize the bird diving for it's prey. A wish granted.

Margaret said...

I just adore "Truth-speakers attempt to shape the light
Or is it light the shape?

Jim said...

Congratulations, Abell. This last prompt of Bjorn's was harder that I frst thought. But I also made it for the thirty. I liked the Haibun best, I love to watch the hawks ride the drafts and swoop for their prey.
..

Kim M. Russell said...

I so enjoyed the walking haibun, with its New Mexico dust clouds and the falcon'Riding the thermals, becoming just a dot' and it became a bullet, diving for its prey. A wonderful, natural scene, Annell.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Love this especially; "Truth-speakers attempt to shape the light or is it light the shape?"💜

brudberg said...

The haibun you wrote is just wonderful... love the way you describe the bird of prey in the sky. So many things we might see on a walk.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Congratulations on staying the course, Annell. It has been a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

It has been a pleasure to read your work throughout the month. Once again you have ended with a series of poems to make on ponder this art.

Anonymous said...

And I see you there, sliding into home base, your hand stretched out, fingers reaching. I really like all of these pieces, and your sense of humor about all this poeming busyness. Congratulations lady, you more than deserve it,

Elizabeth

Marianne said...

Love this one, Annell. I struggle with knowing when a poem is FINISHED. I continually want to change a word, or a sentence placement. I guess I'm always trying to make a poem better. Consequently, I drive myself crazy!

It's been fun writing with you for NaPo.
Best,
Marianne

Vivian Zems said...

Well done on all 3! I love how you ended the last one....do we ever really finish? 😉

Amaya said...

Well whatever it is you're after, that was a clear sign to go ahead and get it. Be that bullet!

Anonymous said...

I love your final poem, Annell. I am always returning to subjects when I write because I never truly feel like I have said enough to satisfy me.
I have enjoyed writing along with you and the other ladies. Thank you. Hugs, my friend.

Love,
Pamela

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...