Thursday, April 26, 2018

LESSON IN FIVE PARTS/https://claudetteellinger.wordpress.com -- Imaginary Gardens with Real Toads

https://claudetteellinger.wordpress.com

Today the prompt is Lesson

LESSON IN FIVE PARTS

1.    The introduction of the lesson and what is to be learned.
2.    We think about it then put it on the back burner, so the subconscious can look at it. 
3.    We act.
4.    We make judgements.
5.    We put it in our old kit-bag, to become a part of our skill-sets.

We could call the first part of the lesson, the introduction, or the inspiration.  We are reading and we see a word, rarely used. It catches our attention, and we determine we would like to see what we can do with it.

We forget about it, we go about our daily life, secure in the knowledge we will return to it.
All the while the subconscious is turning it over, looking at ways to solve the problem.  When we do return to it, we will be refreshed and have many ideas about what we will do.

We act on the problem presented by the lesson.

We make judgements about our actions.  We ask would there be other ways we might have approached the problem.

The last part of the lesson is will we take this lesson with us and will this lesson help us in the future. If we are lucky, it will be a lesson we will not have to learn again.

April 26, 2018





Note:  I have written this to satisfy the prompt from Ladies in Waiting, which was Lesson.  And for Imaginary Gardens with Real Toads, the prompt was, a poem with five parts.





14 comments:

Ellecee said...

A lesson well taught. :-)

Buddah Moskowitz said...

Love this - that's how I approach problems too. Let your subconscious work on it a while.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Such an elegant combination of both prompts, Annell!❤️

Marianne said...

I can relate to this piece when it comes to my writing, especially: #2. We think about it then put it on the back burner, so the subconscious and look at it." I ruminate over a poem for days, even years, till I get it right (or almost right). Well done, Annell.

Anonymous said...

Very reflective piece Annell

Isadora Gruye said...

I like how you layered your list with philosophy! Thanks for sharing and viva la!

Vivian Zems said...

This is quite relatable... made me us the scholarly part of my brain..for a change.

Vivian Zems said...

* made me use*

brudberg said...

Love this... as long as I never have to do it again and again... most important learn a lesson only once.

Margaret said...

Hmm. I think I'm a person that often acts and then thinks of the five part approach :)

Anonymous said...

Clear, succinct, and usable. And you finish it off by using it to give us an example of how to use two prompts as one. Way to go, girl...lol,

Elizabeth

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

An interesting sequence. I see it could be applied to many different kinds of lessons!

Jim said...

A nice lesson Annell. Sometimes I can't find where I put it so I don't get back. Then what?
..

Kerry O'Connor said...

My problem is that I understand the lesson but I don't learn from it...

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...