Saturday, March 30, 2019

Blue is Lonely/imaginary gardens with real toads

Blue is Lonely

The Universe
The plants and planets
Seas and sky
The all of it…

Best viewed at night
The stars to see
As they sparkle
Each with its’ own name

The name of an ancestor
Glory be
A twinkle to make a wish on
For baby and me

Give us this day
Our daily bread
Send up smoke signals
Keep in touch

So many questions
Without answers
Yet new theories
Come each day

Blue is lonely
So far away
Sing your little song
Put the candle in the window

Find your way home
The first day of April
April fools day 
For when she is the fool 
She is no longer alone



March 30, 2019



6 comments:

said...

I love the last two stanzas. :)

Thotpurge said...

Give us this day
Our daily bread
Send up smoke signals
Keep in touch

Oh i love the way you've incorporated this!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love this so much! Smiling. Love the candle in the window for travellers to find their way home. And LOVE when she's a fool, she is no longer alone! Must be why i am never lonely, lol.

Margaret said...

"send up smoke signals"... :)

brudberg said...

To be lonely is something we just have to accept I think... but at night it can still feel dark.

Anmol (HA) said...

Such a ponderous verse — I can feel the dull ache along with a certain hope in there. I loved this: "Give us this day/Our daily bread/Send up smoke signals/Keep in touch".

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...