Sunday, March 24, 2019

The Moon Controls the Tides/ the sunday whirl

The Moon Controls the Tides

A life as unique
As the one who lives it
Even days which begin cloudy
Turn out to be like no other

We never know what might be around the corner
Life is such a curious mixed bag
The sweetness of an early spring morn
And the hot of a Hatch chili pepper

Perfectly formed
The alchemy of the two
Mixed by folding in lightly
Results melt on the tongue

The last few days have been the first days of spring
The early mornings begin with a chill in the air
The sun rises and warms the heart
There are new blades of green grass in the fields

If I listen carefully
I can hear them sing their funny little grass songs
Last night 
the moon so bright
It appeared like the noonday sun

The moon’s pull controls the tides
The waves swell and crash 
ashore
One after the other
My spirit walks the beach alone

March 24, 2019




9 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh this is lovely. I love the fields singing their funny little grass songs, and your spirit walking the beach alone. Mine, too.

tonispencer said...

If I listen carefully
I can hear them sing their funny little grass songs...
I adore these lines. I have often laid down in the grass listening to the grass singing and the insects working. The trees talk to me and I listen. I love this poem so very much.

C. Sandlin said...

Vivid contrasts make such a wonderful balance here...and I have to agree, the funny little grass songs are a perfect way of evoking a day. :)

Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is my new favorite from you, Annell!❤️ I love this in particular; "If I listen carefully I can hear them sing their funny little grass songs."❤️

brudberg said...

Oh I love this... and yes the moon was up here as well as the sun that's brighter and better each day.

Vicki said...

Love the lines in this lovely poem.

Kim M. Russell said...

A poignant poem, Annell, that moves with the moon and tides from the alchemy of two to walking the beach alone with no one to share the joys of spring.

Wendy Bourke said...

A contemplative piece rendered with wonderful words, that carry the reader through those things of nature that are all around us, moving, often in ways that we are rarely conscious of.

Thotpurge said...

That sounds lovely- funny little grass songs!!!

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...