Sunday, March 3, 2019

Hope/ the sunday Whirl

Hope
We talked long into the night
Is it hope?
That ushers in disappointment
Unrealistic expectations

I will make a note to myself
To delete hope
I will walk through fire
Not because “I hope” I can

Instead, because I can…
As soon as I make this declaration
I catch myself “hoping” again
Always hoping things will be better

Truth is sometimes lost
In a sea of lies
Spouted by a “liar and chief”
His words corrupt

He is smug
Mocks everyone
He was born for the role
A man of destiny

I will send a memo
To myself
To remember
To forget “hope”

February 3, 2019

3 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

One certainly can feel that way, when contemplating the global news. I find it hard to hold onto hope, yet know I must.........I resonate with "I will walk through the fire not because 'I hope" I can, but because I can." Such strength.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

It's hard to hold onto hope these days but we musn't give up!

purplepeninportland.com said...

Strong poem, Annell!

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...