Friday, March 22, 2019

The Principle of Peter or the Orange Man/dVerse

The Principle of Peter or The Orange Man

In the East
The clouds are thick 
Over the mountains
In the West the skies clear

A silvery blue
Lights the world
All is quiet
Most still curled in their beds

Each morning
The question appears
What will this day bring?
Our leader a buffoon

Will the truth be revealed?
Will the report be given?
He squirms like a worm
Trying to get back under his rock

His appearance is that of a little boy
Caught with his hand in the cookie jar
He doesn’t fool many
He performs in broad daylight
It is as if he doesn’t know

He is a perfect example of white privilege
Lacks understanding 
Can we say?
“Father, forgive him, he knows not….”

March 22, 2019



8 comments:

Frank Hubeny said...

Interesting last line and challenge of forgiveness.

Kim M. Russell said...

I was mystified at first by the title, Annell, and then it clicked when I read the lines:
‘Our leader a buffoon’
and
‘His appearance is that of a little boy
Caught with his hand in the cookie jar’.

You’ve described him perfectly without mentioning his dreadful name!

annell4 said...

thanks Frank for your response.

annell4 said...

Kim, once you said you liked long titles, so when I go "long," I always think of you!! Thanks for your response. He hasn't looked well the last few days.....

Priscilla King said...

Hmm. He happens to be White, in an orange sort of way, but he's not *typical* of any White tribe or class...I hope. Bashing the McCains on the jahrtzeit? That's not a White thing; that's a universal-selfish-jerk thing. I think he *wants* the lovely attention he provokes by behaving badly enough that people like us e-yell at him.

Victoria Ceretto-Slotto said...

Hmmm...I'm reading a small book on forgiveness and that answers so many concerns. There is so much need in our world right now.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I think forgiveness is beyond me, I am too appalled. When will this travesty be over?

brudberg said...

I think to forgive he has to ask for forgiveness... but that will never happen.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...