Sunday, March 31, 2019

Last Day of March/the suday whirl and The Muse #49/The Blue Butterfly

Last Day of March

The morning cloudy
But not the kind of day
Not one cloud in the sky
Instead no clouds are visible

Rather more overcast
The sky a solid grey
Snow is predicted
Last day of March

My wish is that, it will be the last day of snow
For I have seen enough snow for one year
My spirit longs for the new green of spring
Yet, the morning carries a strange chill

Each season has its’ own rewards
Soon enough, there will be
The smell of roasting chili peppers
And the voices of the people

Singing sacred songs
The beat of the drums
Will all mix with the clear mountain air
The alchemy of place

Reminding me of where I am
Perched on the mesa
Living a life
Following a path

Under the nighttime moon
This path was set before
At the very beginning
The history of Taos is rich

March 31, 2019
Wordle 396




The Muse #49

The Blue Butterfly

Someone has painted your face
The colors blue and red
The butterfly rests upon your lips
For you cannot speak

Filled with secrets
Cannot say, what is on your mind
The butterfly is the lock
Without a key

You stare right at me
Never blink
A confrontation
As if you are casting blame

It was not me!

Who painted your face
Nor placed the butterfly
Over your mouth
To stifle your truth

March 31, 2019



15 comments:

C. Sandlin said...

Each stanza carries such a specificity that this poem feels like a path in itself.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

And the path that you follow there on the mesa is sometimes grey, and threatening snow. Such are our paths. We choose them, but they do with us what they will when we are on them.

Eddie Bluelights said...

Love both poems . . . :)

Carrie Van Horn said...

Both poems spoke to me Annell! I love the hope and beauty of new seasons you present in the Last Day of March, and Blue Butterfly really captures the photo beautifully!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the beat of the drums crossing the mesa. And in the second poem I especially love the butterfly being the lock without a key, that keeps her secrets untold.wonderful!

Susie Clevenger said...

Both speak transformation to me.. Beautiful writing

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous write 💖💖💖

Wendy Bourke said...

The diarist vibe of the first piece works so well with the second - I suppose, as both poems are observational, but in different ways. Some awesome lines of poetry, here.

ZQ said...

Interesting and an enjoyable read for me.
ZQ

Debi Swim said...

I really like the phrase "alchemy of place" I visited Sedona once and that phrase feels right. Love the second poem as well.

Magaly Guerrero said...

My heart supports the first 3 lines of your 3rd stanza... and wishes them true!

tonispencer said...

The tone of this is like a conversation. I love how this speaks of transformatuin.

Colleen Looseleaf said...

Ah, I finally got to see how chili peppers fit in ...Taos.

Violet Lentz said...

The tangled image of a butterfly, usually thought to incant freedom, stifling one's truth. Definitely an image to ponder..

Phoenix Retribution said...

Intriguing, "the butterfly is the lock, without a key". Love it!

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...