Saturday, March 2, 2019

The Temple/imaginary gardens with real toads



The Temple by Tomasz Zaczeniuk
Used with permission
@fotowizjer


The Temple

Where sacred things
Are kept
Where each seeker finds
What is sacred only to him 

On the outside of the temple
There are figures carved
Hard to read
From where I stand

A little window 
At the top of the temple
Opens to the room where
Rapunzel is held prisoner

A man appears
Asks her to let down her hair
She does
He climbs to her window

Through the window he steps into her room
He appears as a witch
He falls in love with the beautiful Rapunzel
But, since he looks like the witch

Rapunzel is afraid
And seeing this
He again appears as himself
The young prince

As most fairy tales go
Like the hero’s quest
There is much to overcome
But in the end…

They all live happily ever after
This is the rub
Life does not follow the fairy tale 
We don’t all live happily ever after

And when the story reaches its’ end
And nothing is to come after
Life still goes on
Embracing all that is good and...all that is bad

March 2, 2019










7 comments:

Jim said...

I like your version Annell. It's been a while for me. This afternoon I read John Lennon's "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds." Naming the vowels by their first letters spell LSD. I had never realized that he had written this being influenced by seeing a picture that his son's friend had drawn of a girl in the sky. Like your Rapunzel but I didn't find anything hidden here.
..

Sherry Blue Sky said...

It is always good to read a fairy tale........and I have found, though there may be no happily ever after, there is.....being happy. Acceptance of what is, something you and I know well. Smiles. Loved this, my friend.

brudberg said...

I think in fairy tales the end is like most other storys real beginning.

Kerry O'Connor said...

I think the tower is a motif deeply embedded in the history of story-telling - the intimidating presence of a fortification, the idea of isolation.. all well developed in your narrative.

tonispencer said...

A fairy tale that seems to be the beginning of most endings.

Susie Clevenger said...

A fairy tale ending... Some are dark some are light. Yet, each seems to face a tower they either climb or crumble beneath. Life written in such few words. Love it!

robkistner said...

I like how you made this edifice a representation of a search for truth and meaning. It made me think of possibility ANNELL. With mine I went dark.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...