Thursday, March 14, 2019

Each Day of the Week, Has it's Own Question/imaginaary gardens with real toads

Each Day of the Week, Has its’ Own Question

Perhaps each day has a question
For us to ponder
On Sunday 
It might be asked
Is it the first of the week or the last?

And on Monday 
What does this week hold for me?
Or… What do I hold for this week?
On Tuesday I might ask
Who will go to the store this week?

The cupboard is bare
The children are hungry

Wednesday comes with its’ question
How will we fill our days?
Thursday will ask
How are you doing with the list?
Will this week be long enough?

Friday, I ask, How could it be Friday again…already?
Saturday, the week is slipping away
And I ask, Where are you going?
It seems I hardly know you
And on Sunday, the questions are repeated

March 14, 2019

8 comments:

Thotpurge said...

Love the Saturday question... it's true..time slips away and we hardly know it...

Fireblossom said...

Since i retired, I never know what day of the week it is. I have calendars all over the house to remind me!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Yes, this is it exactly. The weeks go by faster each year.

Susie Clevenger said...

I'm with Fireblossom. Since my husband's retirement and our basic, mostly, non schedule I never know what day it is. Well, most weeks I don't. There are weeks when the questions pile up.

tonispencer said...

I agree with Susie and Fireblossom. Since I retired, I really don't care what day it is. If I have an appointment, I put it on the refrigerator in large numbers/letters. I love being retired and not worrying.

M said...

true, where do the days go~

purplepeninportland.com said...

This is very clever, Annell.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Will this week be long enough?
A question I often ask myself.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...