Wednesday, March 27, 2019

She Shares my Solitude/poets united midweek motif/Solitude

She Shares my Solitude

I am a morning person
When the sun comes up
To greet me with its’ sparkles
I am waiting

Anxious to begin my day
The light attends slowly
Creating shadows
Under each sage brush

A small coyote
Appears and disappears
In the low brush of the mesa
She is always here

Sometimes I forget to look for her
And she passes quietly
Without notice
Going about her business

It is spring
She has two pups to feed
We live side by side
She doesn’t know I am here

She walks in solitude
I am in solitude, too
Happy to have her here
A small bit of wildness

March 27, 2019













10 comments:

Kim M. Russell said...

I too am a morning person, Annell. I love your description of the light creating shadows
Under each sage brush, and that you watch a coyote while I watch Muntjac deer.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

How WONDERFUL to see mother coyote and her pups.......I love how the mesa creeps into your poems. They take me there, while I read.

Therisa's World said...

As a night owl, there's something magical about the solitude, which nighttime can bring to one's soul that daylight dampens. Like watching the watching the mischief that a mama raccoon teaches to her children, in searching for prime eating spots.

Of course, living in a city, Toronto, where humans outnumber raccoons, 3:1, they have their selection of locations.

Marja said...

Love these images of the coyote passing by and how you live in solitude next to each other and have some wilderness around.

Khaya Ronkainen said...

Oh beautiful, I especially love the image of a coyote with her pups. How wonderful are your mornings to witness this!

Susan said...

Perhaps she mirrors you exactly. used to you and your scent, sometimes she forgets to look. To my mind this is an ideal relationship, a top a like bordering of solitudes.

Susan said...

Rilke-like not top!

Susan said...

Rilke-like not top!

Vivian Zems said...

Between nature and animals; that's where we can appreciate the beauty of such intangible things as solitude. :)

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Would love to see your countryside. As that is unlikely to happen, I enjoy experiencing it through you.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...