Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Each Has His Own Path/imaginary gardens with real Toads

Each Has His Own Path

Each has a path of his own
It is not for me to say
What is right and what is wrong

And yet…I see the plants closing
The loss of jobs
I see the ones who only kneel
Before wealth and power

I see the evidence of
Climate Change
I see the storms
The floods

The water rising
I see what they want to do
In secret
I see the high prices

I know there are hungry children 
The world is changing fast
I see people pushed out
Left to die, sick and lonely

I am touched by the homeless
The ones who have lost hope
The sign she holds
“Mom with children, out of work”

March 19, 2019





9 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Yes, we see it all and it makes our hearts hurt. It is bound to get worse but then - hopefully -better. Hoping for big changes in 2020. We need them desperately.

Anmol (HA) said...

Oh, this is thoughtful in how you use these statements as a collective form of hurt and pain on the face of mankind. There is no worse thing than losing that last bit of hope.

brudberg said...

There is so much to see, and yet we wonder what we can do....

Magaly Guerrero said...

Some days, I am just surprised by the fact that most of us aren't running around screaming... at how bad the world is getting.

Kerry O'Connor said...

It is not for any of us to say what is right or wrong, but the poets of the world must write about the things they see and hear. Yours is a most compassionate voice.

kaykuala said...

“Mom with children,
out of work”

Life has always been unfair. It's a pity that great talents are left to the winds on account of wrong locations of births. There could have been brilliant minds on the streets of conflicts.

Hank

Thotpurge said...

Income inequality, climate change - you touch upon things that are tearing the world apart..it is as if no one is listening...

Jim said...

Our world is changing rap, Annell. We humans, appointed as stewards of our planet are doing a very poor job of taking care of it and its inhabitants.
..

Jim said...

Rapidly

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...