Monday, April 1, 2019

I Do Not Look in Your Direction/Writers Digest -- imaginary gardens with real toads

I Do Not look in Your Direction

The morning is my best time
I think better in the morning
This morning looks like winter
Snow covers everything

And more is expected today
There are a few breaks of blue
In the western sky
Otherwise overcast

All is quiet
The stillness is deafening
It is as if, all is waiting
Right at the edge of time

Past, present and future
Are in this moment
There was a time
I thought you perfect

But you have grown more critical
Over time
You have told me how you feel
You have created a distance between us

A distance that cannot be measured
Still it is there
Like Trump's wall on the border
Too high to climb

Hopefully on another day
You will tear down that wall
Until that time
I do not look in your direction

April 1, 2019






7 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

It is sad when someone builds a wall and will not bend. Not much we can do but carry peacefully on. I cant believe you have snow. It has been summer here for ages - climate change and not good, because everything is tinder dry and forest fires have already started burning on the Island. Sigh. A rainforest with no rain.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I love the starkly beautiful wintry scene you create, but then the description of the wall is chilling in a different way.

Marian said...

Oh gosh I really get this, all of it. Silence, whoosh.

tonispencer said...

How wonderful. They wintry scene is beautiful. Although it is spring here in the South, it still gets cold at night and sort of warmish during the day. They say the mountains of NC and VA will have snow tonight. Brrrr.

Elizabeth said...

Really like the comparison of the cold still outer world and that of the walled off relationship. Both are chilling and just a bit forbidding. Here it was thirty degrees and warming up with snow flurries most of the day, lol. Have to laugh or go crazy. Love your poem,

Elizabeth

Susie Clevenger said...

I love the comparison...walls are cold dividers..winter stones of separation

Dr. Vandana Sharma said...

There should indeed be no boundaries between two loving hearts.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...