Saturday, April 6, 2019

After You Had Gone/April PAD Challenge 2019 -- imaginary gardens with real toads

After You Had Gone

After you had gone
I wonder where you are
Where does anyone go
After death

So many say, Oh I know
I know the answer
That answer I wouldn’t trust
For you did not know my loved one

You are a stranger
I don’t think you knew 
Where she went in life
I don’t think you know

Where she went after
It is something one has to experience
For themselves
Something we do alone

She loved color
Therefore, I could see her
Travel the rainbow bridge
No matter how difficult

She faced all obstacles with humor
It is said you can’t take it with you
But I think she took her laughter with her
For it has been silent since she left

April 5, 2019

This is for my Friend Selma, who recently died.  I am lonely without her.

7 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

I am sorry for your loss, Annell. It is hard to come to terms with the reality that someone has passed away.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh Annell, "she took her laughter with her, for it has been silent since she left." How you must miss her! What a beautiful poem. Losing a friend is so hard.

Ellecee said...

What a lovely tribute to your friend. Beautiful, caring, thoughts.

annell4 said...

Yes, it is, and today is her birthday. She died peacefully at home, a dear and gentle soul. She had suffered illness for a long, long time. I know she rests in peace today.

tonispencer said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I know you miss her laughter.

Susie Clevenger said...

I'm so sorry. It leaves such a hole in the heart when someone you treasure passes.

Elizabeth said...

Loss is never easy, but your words are healing. They reach out to those of us who have lost someone. They also reach inward to your own sorrow, soothing it a bit. This is a beautiful tribute, Annell. You will hear her laughter again. It may only be an echo within you, but it is a part of you and her.

Elizabeth
https://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2019/04/06/the-color-red/

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...