Thursday, April 18, 2019

https://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/poetic-asides/2019-april-pad-challenge-day-18

http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/poetic-asides/2019-april-pad-challenge-day-18

Little is Known

This morning finds the sky clear
Not a cloud in sight
The sun streaks across the mesa
Looking out over the sage filled land

I am reminded of the sea
Waves rising and settling
All is quiet
There is no movement I can see

Yet, the day is filled with expectation
The report is ready
And will be released soon
Time drags

I hear the clock in the hall
Slowly tick the minutes
Soon even we will be able to read the report
Of which little is known

April 18, 2019

https://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/poetic-asides/2019-april-pad-challenge-Day 18

_________________________________________________________________________

A Day at the Museum

There is a day that stands out
A day in Los Angles
I took the bus to downtown
I wasn’t sure where to get off

 I rode the bus
To the end of the line
The sun was shining
And seemed to light each step

Walking through an unfamiliar neighborhood
I heard the sound of a gong
At a small temple 
The bells rang out

It was the end of the line
For someone’s dear
Friends had gathered
To say a last goodbye

It was one person’s final song
Another has a wonderful day
I found the museum
Spent time with Joseph Beuys

April 18, 2019

http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/04/bits-of-inspiration-poems-in-april-bell.html






10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Two? And I find one difficult. About the first one, yes that report that soon we will be able to read, but then have it discussed at length by our "betters" until it lacks and sense or meaning.

Second one. Have been dealing with a lot of memories, days in the past. I like how you detail the day, its sights, sounds, which become patterns as well. Good imagery in both of these and hats off to you, Mzzzzz Annell...

Elizabeth
https://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2019/04/18/finding-the-pattern/

annell4 said...

Thanks Mis. Elizabeth.

Ellecee said...

“No one knows for whom the bell tolls” In this case it’s a shared experience - well said 🙂

Susie Clevenger said...

I like the expectation in your first poem. I'm not sure we'll know anything from it really.

In your second I like how the ringing bell both rang for death and life. We who live pause and the bell's ring to consider the meaning and live on as best, as beautifully as we can. Thank you so much for taking part in the prompt.

brudberg said...

I love how you found that experience in the solemn song of the bell... maybe it was there for you as well as for the mourners.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is beautifully emotive, Annell!❤️

Marianne said...

I love that you were hopeful about the release of the redacted Mueller report. I wanted to be. I guess I have become much too cynical in my old age. Unfortunate that we, the taxpayers, could not see the uncensored Mueller report. I enjoyed the detail in your second poem, A Day at the Museum. Your trip through the unfamiliar neighborhood was rich with sensory experiences.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Yes, the many phases of life marked by the bell.

purplepeninportland.com said...

Love the bells!

Tgkcaquk said...

I enjoyed reading thiss

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...