Friday, April 5, 2019

I Want to Steal Your Heart/writers digest April PAD Challenge 2019

I Want to Steal Your Heart

Let’s be honest here
I want to steal your heart
I want you to fall in love
In a small way

Make the world a better place
So here I am
Alone at work
Alone at the computer

Alone at the easel
With one, I am speaking with
Color, shape, value, texture
For your eyes alone

With the other
I am whispering in your ear
My words 
From the heart

In all these things
I am alone
How else will I know what I feel
What strikes a chord, in my heart?

These things are not a group activity
And I must be present
Alert and good at what I do
If I am going to steal your heart

April  5, 2019



2 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love this. This is what we do, we string words like charms, hoping to touch hearts and it does take stillness and solitude to bring them forth. I love how you looked at this from an artist's as well as a poet's eyes.

Elizabeth said...

I fully agree with Sherry about looking at it from both views. Yet also know that both of the processes hold similar pieces and parts. Especially when it comes to mental and emotional aspects. Love the use of the reflexive in the last lines, which brings us back full circle to the beginning of the poem. Love the poem and the truth it tells.

Elizabeth

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...