Monday, April 22, 2019

withrealtoads.blogspot.com/Beeware of Poor Substitutions! -- https://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/poetic-asides/2019-april-pad-challenge-day-22

Beware of Poor Substitutions !



Waiting Your Return

I sit in the tall grass
Watch for you on the road
I am alert to every sound
It has been ten days
And I will remain here
Waiting for you to return

April 22, 2019


2019 April PAD Challenge: Day 22


A correspondence poem:

Just a note to catch you up
The livestock survived the flood
Unfortunately, the folks next door didn’t
We expect new neighbors soon
Let us hear from you
How are the kids
And your dog Blue
We would like to get away for awhile
But much to do on the farm

Yours’ Truly
Mom and Dad

https://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/poetic-asides/2019-april-pad-challenge-day-22

________________________________________________________________________

6 comments:

Kim M. Russell said...

How wonderful that you saw the sad side of the image, Annell, and wrote from the piglet’s perspective (if it is, indeed, a piglet. Björn thought it was a hyena!). I also enjoyed your correspondence poem including livestock.

Namratha said...

I was sure it was a dog and read it from the perspective of a loyal dog awaiting his master.
I liked your correspondence poem. The terse lines. The info about awaiting new neighbors

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I loved both of these, but, especially, the critter waiting in the grass.

brudberg said...

What a sweet faithful beast you saw... I saw something sucking marrow... (I think it's an African wild dog)

Fireblossom said...

Man's best friend, forever loyal!

Susie Clevenger said...

Oh, a pet loves us unconditionally. It breaks my heart to know people can abandon such devotion.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...