Saturday, April 13, 2019

A Clear Statement/writers digest April PAD Challenge 2019 Day 13

A Clear Statement/writers disgest  April PAD Challenge 2019 Day 13

A Clear Statement

View from my window
Is Southeast
This morning  light grey
The lightly snow-covered mountains
Silent

Across the room
The windows reveal
A view of the Northwest
The morning light appears brighter

Almost a glare on this grey mourning
There are breaks in the clouds
The clear blue New Mexico sky shows through
Perhaps a promise of a sunny day, after all

The morning light, in its stillness, sets the mood
But I have no time for moody mornings
My work waits
And I have plans for the day

Like writing a poem
I set the structure
And then I go to work
Trying to “get it right”

Making clear exactly what I want to say
It is the same for a painting
Yesterday I tried everything I know
Today I will try something else

Continually making changes
Until I am satisfied
I have done what I can 
What I am saying is clear

March 13, 2019


No comments:

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...