Monday, April 8, 2019

One Will be Lucky/writers digest April PAD Challenge 2019

One Will be Lucky

As the calendar changes
One day follows another
All numbers come up
And at least one will be lucky

The first lucky number for me
“18” which would be “9”
The day we joined our lives together
Then, “22” which would be “4”

The date of your birth
You enriched my life
Taught me
Filled my heart

I would not say it was easy
But oh, so worth it
Then, “31” which would be “4”
Again 4 appears

Again… you enrich my life
My companion
My partner
This year began with “2458”

Which would be “1”
The beginning number
Thus this year a new beginning
At least “one” will be lucky

April 8, 2019 







1 comment:

Margaret said...

I can't find your poem referencing the rabbit sketch. Why do you link your blog and not the specific post?

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...