Monday, April 29, 2019

Questions -- To Remember Again A Cat Named Floyd

Questions

Life is full of questions
Questions about the future
Questions about the past
Questions without answers

And sometimes we don’t know the questions to ask
We continually ask questions about ourselves
Questions about you
From sun up to sun down

Who is he
Who is he really
What does he mean when he speaks
Are these words, words we have heard before

I read your poem
And wonder what you are saying
What you mean
Questions without end

Like stars in the sky
Too numerous to count
Questions form in the mind
Answers can come from any corner

April 29, 2019
withrealtoads.blogspot.com/Poems in April - Asking Questio
___________________________________________________________________

April PAD Challenge Day 29/Writers Digest

To Remember Again A Cat Named Floyd

I read your piece about the cat named Floyd
We often think
When animals are so like us
They are amazing creatures

We like that
You speak of his habits
…or where they yours’?
A gentleman

Through and through
Smarter than your average cat
Often, he spoke by the expression on his face
And a beautiful face it was

You gave him shelter
You gave him love
You were his friend in life
He will be with you till the end of your days

He was your companion
Your familiar
You gave him your best
And he, unto you

And that is way of love
It sinks its teeth into your heart
And stays with you
Even in memory

April 29, 2019





https://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/poetic-asides/2019-april-pad-challenge-day-29/comment-page-1#comment-4229574






10 comments:

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

Among other things that people dislike me for, there is the fact that I deeply grieve the passing of my little cat, Lafayette, who died due to kidney failure on his sixth birthday. This was going on four years ago and people think I should be over it by now.

annell4 said...

There is no getting over it. The little cat will be with you always. And just between you and me, I like you, I like you a lot...and maybe just because you loved the little cat, Lafayette!! Thanks for your comment.

Jim said...

Writers should always be FULL of questions, many without answers. Opposite of artists who just look around or wrack their brains for something to paint. You must live in constant conlict.
I like these questions. " your what do you mean question I wish my readers would ask more often. That's because I like to hide my meaning a bit, like the Biblical Natan did when he told David the story of the rich farmer stealing the poor man's only lamb. He meant it to be of David stealing his general's with, Bathsheba.
..

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Indeed, life is full of questions to which we don't always have the answer..

brudberg said...

Questions is what keeps us going I think... answers stops us.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Interesting poems. As I'm sure you know by now, I have had intense relationships with cats and do not expect to stop mourning those who have passed on.

I agree with Bjorn about questions and answers.

Elizabeth said...

I'm one of those people who often gets asked, "Why do you ask so many questions?" That's easy. Because I am forever curious. I don't agree with Bjorn. Answers often create more questions. We can use them as an excuse to stop seeking, but who would want to do that?

I like both poems. The one about questions had me grinning from ear to ear. The one about the cat had me nodding sadly. Our pets are with us, always in our hearts.

Elizabeth
https://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2019/04/29/on-being-a-sister-to-trees/

Susie Clevenger said...

Questions...I keep asking them, but have learned to stop some of them, especially why my daughter has had to suffer years of illness. Both poems are beautiful. I have had several cat losses and each one brought so much pain.

purplepeninportland.com said...

Love that cat, and the way you ended this beautiful poem.

Margaret said...

...and do we really want to hear all those answers to all our questions... probably not.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...