Sunday, April 21, 2019

http://imaginarygardenswithrealtoads.blogspot.com/Poems in April: Tree Mythology -- https://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/


An Old Vietnam Myth

Long ago in a land faraway
In the beginning when people die
They were buried at the food of a certain tree
Called Long Blo

After a while they rose from the dead
Full grown men and women
They peopled the earth
And all lived in one town

Under the presidency of the first parents
A certain lizard was vexed
By too many people
He suggested to the grave diggers

“Don’t bury the dead at the base of the Long Blo tree,
Bury them at the foot of the Long Khung
They will not come back to life
Let them die outright and be done with it

The hint was taken
From that day men have not come to life again”
So goes the myth of the Soul Tree
In that land faraway, Vietnam


April 21, 2019

Poems in April: Tree Mythology

http://imaginarygardenswithrealtoads.blogspot.com/Poems in April: Tree Mythology

___________________________________________________________________



 I Can Fly, Too 
  
I sit on the ridge
Overlooking the valley
Springtime brings new life
After the dead of winter

Trees covered with new-green leaves
The valley appears like a park
Suddenly a covey of quail
Hidden among the sage

Take flight – wings extended
Fly away, fly away home
The sky clear and blue like glass
Without limit

Man would like the ability to fly
I am satisfied to have them in my sight
In my mind’s eye
I can fly, too

April 21, 2019


https://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/
Wordle 400

9 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

And as long as our mind-wings work, we'll be free. I love that thought.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I found the legend of the tree very interesting....and love the new leaves and the quail.

Kim M. Russell said...

Oh, this is a new myth to me, Annell – I love the tree called Long Blo!

robkistner said...

That is quite a myth, a regenerative tree. It would be nuce if it also healed...

brudberg said...

What a myth, and how wise to bury them elsewhere.

Susie Clevenger said...

Yes, I believe the decision to bury them elsewhere showed great wisdom.

Elizabeth said...

Really like the myth juxtaposed with the nature outside your window. Our minds are incredible things, when we let them just be. What adventures they deliver and we only have to sit quiet and listen.

Elizabeth
https://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2019/04/21/dreaming-with-the-moon/

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I enjoyed both your tree poems. For some reason the conclusion of the myth made me smile. Perhaps it was the lizard's sheer (if grumpy) practicality.

Lessandra said...

I Can Fly Too- Very nice, good use of prompts, weaving a good story.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...