Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Imaginary Gardens with Real Toads/ https://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/poetic-asides/2019-april-pad-challenge-day-30

To Write is Simply a Mystery to Me

I cannot say I know
For that would not be true
Each little poem
Comes from who knows where

I do not even know what inspires
What is the source of my desire
I simply know I want to write
To put it down

Perhaps it is for safe keeping
Along the way
And maybe just to make notes
Of where I am and what is seen

It happens every now and then
And I never know if it will happen again
Maybe it is just to share with you
The little things life brings to me


April 30, 2019

http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com

_____________________________________________________________________




To Stop or Not to Stop, That Is the Question

As a painter
I ask myself all the time
Should I stop, now?
Or should I continue?

…Until I have painted all the life from the painting
Removed all the mystery
Turned the freshness into “stale old bread”
It is hard to quit

Maybe I think, just one more stroke
That will get it
Not wanting to leave any stone unturned
I want to do what I can do

Create a piece of work
Keep the freshness
Stop traffic
And reach satisfaction

April 30, 2019

Note:  I have added a piece I am working on.  The question is always with me.





https://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/poetic-asides/2019-april-pad-challenge-day-30 https://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/poetic-asides/2019-april-pad-challenge-day-30

8 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love that sharing of the little things life brings.........capturing moments that otherwise might be forgotten. It must be hard to know when a painting is done....with a poem, one sort of knows..........I like that adding of one more brush stroke..........In the painting you included, I can see the temptation to keep going........

Elizabeth said...

I agree with Sherry, but also think the same concept applies to writing poems. We stop, at some point, but is the thing actually finished? Never, there's always another word that might be added, or one to be subtracted, have I stroked the idea enough to be clear, colorful enough to make the point, but still remain poetic? Always this or that, and because I've been working on that manuscript, I know that never really stops happening, no matter how many years have passed since the piece was originally written, there is always that inner eye seeking the answer to "is it finished?".

Elizabeth
https://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2019/04/30/thirteen-ways-of-looking-at-memory/

Susie Clevenger said...

I think a piece will tell you when it is finished. I really can mess things up when I don't listen to that inner voice. I know even when finished at times, it feels primitive, but I let it be.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I love that your daily life is your Muse.

Kerry O'Connor said...

I also do not know where each poem comes from.

Anmol (HA) said...

Indeed — it's not always known where all these words come from. Such a lovely verse!

annell4 said...

Yes...but to see the beauty of each moment is the important thing, maybe not ready for primetime, but still each moment can be beautiful!! The painting I posted was really only a beginning, but had its own beauty. And could be left at that point. Thank you for your comment, Sherry.

brudberg said...

I find that words may come, and form a poem by itself... almost like sculpting from letters.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...