Sunday, April 7, 2019

Jealous/writers digest April PAD Challenge 2019 -- When There is Nothing Left to Lose/There Is No Fear/the sunday whirl--Etiquette/imaginary gardens with real toads

Jealous

I am lucky
I have nothing to be jealous about
I am very lucky
I have everything I could want

I am a painter
I paint everyday
I am a writer
And I write most everyday

I have the supplies I need
I have someone to love
I have a wonderful kitty, Issa
I can think of nothing more I want

I cannot say I have ever experienced
That emotion
I am very lucky
I hope you are lucky, too

April 7, 2019

_______________________________________________________________
The Sudnay Whirl/When There is Nothing Left to Lose/There Is No Fear


When There is Nothing Left to Lose/There Is No Fear

I have no need of a guns
I do not long to kill anyone
Or anything
The morning brings a gentle breeze

The windchime sounds
I recognize your voice
It is said, spirit is in the wind
I feel your presence now

The smell of honeysuckle fills the air
The emptiness of the room
The sense of loss
There is no fear

April 7, 2019

______________________________________________________________
Etiquette/imaginary gardens with real toads


Etiquette

Etiquette
Or manners
Or what is proper
Changes over time

Do not speak too loudly
Do not draw attention to yourself
Do not speak until spoken to
Do not speak with food in your mouth

What was proper for your Grandmother
Might not be so today
What was proper for you Mother
Might not be so today

What was proper for you as a young woman
Might not be so today
Perhaps the old rule
“Do unto others as you would have them do to you”

A good rule
That always applies
A man opened the door for a lady
Today, a lady may open the door for a man

All things change
Even what we consider proper
Perhaps we can let kindness rule the day
If we aren’t sure, kindness will work

April 7, 2019






7 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love both poems so much - I feel, too, gratitude that I have everything I need. I lack for nothing. In the second poem, I sense the presence of a beloved one, almost hear the wind chimes....love the smell of honeysuckle, which always, now, will make me think of Jim....I know the sense of loss and the lack of fear. Beautiful, Annell.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

You are so right, I lived that same passage from early messages, to the changing ones of today. I agree - kindness, bottom-line, is the key.

Marian said...

Things do change, expectations change, but slowly, sloowwwlllyyy.

Elizabeth said...

When we are children, we suck up the world around us, absorbing into ourselves as best we can. As we grow older, gain knowledge and wisdom, we slowly let go of much of those things like expectations, fears, and even social rules. But, you are right. Kindness offered is more important than all of those other things.

Elizabeth
https://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2019/04/07/lost-2/

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh yes, kindness always rules!

Kerry O'Connor said...

I enjoyed reading this threesome of poems. So nice to know what you want out of life and live it fearlessly .

Margaret said...

Yup... Do unto others...

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...