Wednesday, May 30, 2018

WHAT IS TRUTH AFTER ALL?/Poets United -- Midweek Motif/Truth

WHAT IS TRUTH AFTER ALL?

What is truth after all?
How do we recognize it?
Isn’t it all relative?
What is true for you
And what is true for me
May be different

I know you say
That cannot be
And yet
Two people 
Give their truth
About what happened

And you would swear
They were in different places
At different times
Can I reveal a truth
That is not favorable to me?
Can you?

Perhaps there is no one thing
That we can call truth
That we can all agree on
So in this moment
I will honor your truth
And hope you will honor mine

We look into each other’s eyes
And we say nice things
Things easy to be heard
Do I question what you say?
Do I question the glow of the moon?
Do I question what my heart feels?
That is my truth all day long

May 30, 2018

2 comments:

purplepeninportland.com said...

Keeping your own truth is what counts. Beautiful poem, Annell.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

We think truth should be so simple, yet it is hard to grasp or pin down ... and after all, it appears to be complex, and not fixed.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...