Thursday, May 17, 2018

YOU BRING HAPPINESS/Imaginary Garden with Real Toads

Girl reading, 1893

YOU BRING HAPPINESS

Yes, happiness can be fleeting
Sometimes we don’t even recognize it
It is here
Then gone
Like the bird that comes to the feeder

Everything seems the same
As it was before
The sun shinning
A gentle breeze
The sound of the wind chimes

It is clear one has to be aware
Of each moment
A gift given
A gentle touch

You call my name
I look up from my work
You have entered the room
Share my space

Your hands empty
Yet you bring happiness
And leave it 
In your wake

May 17, 2018




10 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

Luv the fact that the happiness was shared

Much♥️love

tonispencer said...

This is so very good. Your happiness shared.

Fireblossom said...

There used to be a sign where i worked that said "Everyone brings happiness; some when they arrive, others when they depart!" The arriving kind is so much better, to be sure. Btw, I'm glad someone chose this painting! :-)

ZQ said...

Awesome write. I'm still mulling over the emotion...
ZQ

Margaret said...

Like the bird that comes to the feeder - what a cool comparison to happiness how it comes and goes. I love this image as well - he was quite a gifted artist.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the image of the person bringing happiness, so much!

hedgewitch said...

This is a simple song, like all the good ones, and it also brings happiness in its ability to show so perfectly a moment, and a state of being that too often eludes us. Good to read you again, Annell.

Mary (cactus haiku) said...

wow, I love this poem, so filled with love and joy.

(thanks for visiting my sis LuckyHiro poem on Wilds of Idaho)
mary

Brendan said...

I'll say amen to the purity of this, like a glass of water. It just it and yet it is made, created, pulled from all the density and difficulty of the heart.

brudberg said...

I do love the happiness from someone coming... we all need that kind.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...