Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Cowardice and Courage/imaginary gardens with real toads

Cowardice and Courage

I am not a courageous virgin
Not courageous for the first time
Nor a coward
I have known them both

The feelings are not new for me
But feelings they are
I have been afraid
And didn’t think I could do it

Yet I did...

The most unthinkable
The hardest challenge…
When called
I showed up

I walked through fire
Held you close
Said goodbye
And faced life without you

I could not turn away
Took a deep breath
Eyes focused on the horizon
Though invisible you walked with me

And you remain with me now
You showed me your courage
Your strength
No one could say you were a coward

February 19, 2019










5 comments:

tonispencer said...

It is hardest of all to walk without our loved one.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Oh this tugs heavily upon my heart, Annell! Very moving.

Revived Writer said...

I really like this. :)

Anmol (HA) said...

Ah, that must indeed be the hardest thing to do. This speaks of your courage and strength as well.

Jim said...

Really sets the memory juices flowing, Annell. I remember both, been on both sides too. Two plus two equal four, the partings, again both ways still hold mixed signals. Regrets, bitterness, caring, surpressed loving and interest remain. Guess I could add another I don't discuss, same sex I didn't initiate and rejected. I'll stuff them all in the same sock, only one has kept a tender spot and I can't find her at all.
..

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...