Monday, February 25, 2019

Devastated By a Word/dVerse

Devastated By a Word

Hard to believe, but true
And it could happen to each of us
What is important to you?
We each hold “sacred ground” about something

And that something is hard to know
Perhaps it is something we are heavily invested in
Something we love
Something we have created

Yes, we are tender little children
When it comes to what we think of as ours’
On this day
It is four little paintings

Four little paintings
Four abstract paintings
And in these paintings
I have poured myself

The whole of me
The colors and transitions
Are stunning 
In my opinion

When you say you are not keen on them
I am devastated
Thrown to the ground
In deep sorrow

And yet
Why would I expect you to see
Perhaps they don’t even look like
What I see

They are simply what is “left over”
From time in the studio
I take out my heart
Examine it carefully

Allow it to bleed all over
What is in front of me
A work of art 
I have made for you

February 25, 2019









2 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

That is a very insensitive comment. Having seen the paintings in question, I can only say they are beautiful, a new direction, alive with colour and form - and they are your creations, as you say, you poured yourself into them. What is that saying "Be careful where you step, for you tread on my dreams." I guess it doesn't matter if someone else doesnt get them.......the art exists in the world, because of you, and that is what counts.

annell4 said...

Dear Sherry...thank you so much for your comment. I wanted to confront my reaction and my feelings. Perhaps others have felt the same.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...