Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Selma/imaginary gardens with real toads

Selma

What to say about the Canadian
The one who became my friend
Full of life, or “piss and vinegar”
As she would say

A bit of a rascal in everyway
And yet as loveable as a kitten
Her familiar, the cat, Pablo
So much a part of her life

She would talk to him
Touch him
Care for him
Her soft furry companion

He stayed by her side
Cared for her, too
You called, shared the news

She could stay no longer
I looked out from my window
Not a star in the sky
Rain fell in a dribble

Like tears sliding down the cheek
She would follow the piper
A strong warrior
I am honored to have known you

Your winning ways
Your tricks 
And your manners
One of a kind

A very special person
We each will go in our own time
Your chair will remain empty
I will wait for your return


February 15, 2019

Selma  was a very special friend.  I will miss her.




4 comments:

Carrie Van Horn said...

Such a sweet and wonderfully truthful ode' to a wonderful friend. I love this Annell! Losing dear friends is a great loss indeed. Sending a hug your way.

tonispencer said...

Hugs to you Annell. It alwsays seems that their chair is always empty, even when someone else sits there. I too have lost friends these past two years and it never gets easier. She seems to have been a wonderful and loving person. I am so very sorry.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

She sounds like such a wonderful person.....a warrior indeed, a loving being. Yes, you will miss her. Her chair can be filled by no other.

brudberg said...

I am so sorry for your loss... she leaves a void behind her it sounds like.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...