Monday, February 18, 2019

What if the Moon Disappeared Tomorrow?/imaginary gardens with real toads

What if the Moon Disappeared Tomorrow?

I am running a wee bit late
As often happens
Trying to stay on schedule
I’ve been thinking about your question…

What if the moon disappeared tomorrow?
And right away
I know lovers were have nothing to say
People would be sad

Romance would die
Alice Walker would no longer gaze at it
Perhaps she would find no inspiration for her writes
In the darkest of nights

There would be no light for children to play out at night
Without the moon over my heart
I would have nothing to say
Tides would no long rise or fall

It shines light on dark paths
Shows the way 
Adds mystery 
And spice to life

February 18, 2019







8 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

And wolves would no longer howl........that would be very sad indeed. Loved this, Annell.

Debi Swim said...

I think we need her more than she needs us. You answered the question well.

Carrie Van Horn said...

Yes many things would be at a loss without the moon. You have captured it beautifully Annell!

Magaly Guerrero said...

I agree, agree, agree... The Earth without her Moon would be left with an unfillable hollow. And the emptiness would rot into us. Every night would be dark, and not in a good way.

This one left me with my hand on my chest, Annell. So many emotions.

brudberg said...

The moon is magic... night would be utterly forlorn without its moon

Colonialist said...

On reflection, it is only sunlight.
So why does it seem so magical?

Susie Clevenger said...

Yes, the world would suddenly turn the color of lonely if the moon disappeared.

Anmol (HA) said...

The moon certainly adds mystery to life — the speechlessness resulting from this disappearance is so powerful in your words.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...