Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Signals of Time/imaginary gardens with real toads

Signals of Time

No, there are no signals
To mark the passage of time
It seems to hurry by
When I am busy

At work
Trying to solve
The issue of the day
I look up 

Time passes
Seasons change
Months and years
I have grown old

I can still hear
The sound of fog horns
On the channel
Arthur Dove’s painting

Wrinkles caress my face 
A map of where I have been
My hair thin and grey
The hair of my Grandmother

A soft silver cloud 
Floats around my head
In the mirror
A stranger 

Because of this passing of time
I am an unknown person
In an unknown land
Will Spring come again this year?

February 12, 2019

“Time,” wrote Thomas Mann, “has no divisions to mark its passage, there is never a thunderstorm or blare of trumpets to announce the beginning of a new month or year.” 


1 comment:

Tarantula said...

Hello mate great blog post

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...