Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Fun, Funny, Funniest/poets united midweek motif

Fun, Funny, Funniest

Life is filled with fun
Maybe not big fun
But little fun each day
I spring from my bed

The hour early
It will be some time before the sun rises
In the dark
I find my way

Open the door
Let the kitten out to  play
It is fun just to still be here
And funny too

Some have left, already gone
What am I doing still here?
Fun to have that first cup of coffee
Dark and rich

My brain trails two steps behind
What will the day bring
Will it be fun, funny, or the funniest
I follow myself to the studio

The work is planned
Some colors mixed
The sky is clear
No snow today and that will be fun

February 20, 2019





11 comments:

Susan said...

"In the dark
I find my way"

I love the back and forth of this poem, the ambivalence and the certainty. So happy that the studio awaits and will be forever present in this poem.

Sumana Roy said...

"But little fun each day"...Life is made of just this. It's wonderful to discover that.

Gillena Cox said...

Luv the simple things in life from whence your fun spurts forth. Enjoyed this poem, even though I am not a 'cat person'.

much love...

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I am like you, Annell. It is the small pleasures that mean so much now. I love this poem, love the peaceful dailiness of your quiet joy. ESPECIALLY love "it is fun just to still be here." Yes!

annell4 said...

Susan I tried and tried to comment on your blog? No luck! Loved your write! Thanks for your comments.

Susan said...

I got your sweet comments.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I can almost believe, from reading this poem, that the poet's life is fun from the very beginning of the day to the very end. So much richness in it! From the coffee to the kitten to the paints. Fun!

Myrna R. said...

I think you and I like the same kinds of fun. Coffee, my dogs, my "play room" where I doodle and dabble that's such fun for me.

Old Egg said...

I think you should do something different once in a while, otherwise you might say in a few years time, "I wish I had done this or that".

annell4 said...

"Funny" you should say that, about my poem, Fun, Funny, Funniest. Thanks for your comment Old Egg.

Priscilla King said...

Mmm, sunshine! Glad *some*body's getting a bit of that! Cheers from the Waterlogged Blue Ridge Mountains...

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...