Thursday, February 14, 2019

Oh Love/poets united midweek motif/love -- imaginary gardens with real toads

Oh Love

Oh love
Who doesn’t seek for love
A precious pearl
A tantalizing glow

Oh love
Were for are thou
Hard to find
Like horny toads, and blue lizards

Oh love
My quest continues
Across the sands
A seeker I am

Oh love
Will I know thee
When confronted
Or will I walk on by

Oh love
I’ll wait right here
By the garden gate
Now don’t be late

And when I’m told
You have already passed
I am waiting still
Maybe, you will come back

February 14, 2019




8 comments:

Anmol (HA) said...

Oh, this waiting for love is so bittersweet — it is at once both beautiful and melancholic. I really like the "Oh Love" refrain, giving it an urgent helpless tone. The last stanza warms my heart.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This is wonderful. We are always seeking and waiting for love..........a perfect poem for Valentine's Day.

Kerry O'Connor said...

And when I’m told
You have already passed
I am waiting still

What a great conclusion!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is an incredibly passionate poem, Annell!❤️ I so agree with "A tantalizing glow." Thank you so much for participating!!❤️

KB said...

I didn't believe true love existed until I met my husband. It's real!

Jim said...

Love it, Annell. Sorry, I'm taken, forty-six years ago.
..

Sreeja said...

love how you concluded it...!!

Priscilla King said...

It is *hard* not to refer to old songs when writing about love! I love this one, and you might enjoy trying to sing the lyrics I mashed up for my "love" piece a few years ago.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...